How you can help

I've set up a fundraising page. Click on the link on the right and donate a few dollars. Buy a copy of the "Colon Cancer is a Pain in the Butt" image. Buy a book. Tell your friends about this blog and my plight. Think good thoughts. Thanks

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas and it's aftermath

Actually Christmas was pretty good for me.  Christmas eve dinner and after was a bit tough as I was kinda tired and not feeling tip top.  But my daughter was in Christmas Cove along with my girlfriend, Carole, my brother had come up from NC with his fam so it was pretty cool otherwise.  I did manage a movement during the night so I was feeling much better Christmas morning.

I've been told that my discussion of my bowel movements really should be kept to minimum, but they are important to me and kinda significant when they happen, right now.  So I apologize but that's why I say Colon Cancer, more correctly rectal cancer, is a pain in the butt.  Colon Cancer just slides off the tongue better.

I'm still quite tired.  It is difficult to stay awake sometimes.  Looks like that isn't going to improve with radiation and chemo.  I'm told it shouldn't get any worse tho.

People are being really supportive.  That's really cool.  Those that can't send money are sending good thoughts.    I really appreciate it folks.

My sister in-law did a kinda mini nutritional intervention on me.  I guess she's right.  I'm gonna need to figure out how to eat better.  No more drinking the bacon grease out of the catch on the grill I guess.  I am eating more fruit.  Oranges esp seem to help.

One more consult with the rad people on Friday to make sure they have the device lined up correctly.  I start my treatments on Monday.  I get zapped every weekday for five and a half weeks along with chemo.  I do get the weekends off to heal though.  Then a waiting period then surgery.  then more chemo.  Or maybe it's the other way around.

If you haven't already check out my book.  I think it turned out pretty well.  You can preview it without buying it.  Feel free to buy it though.

BTW They finally told me.  I'm at stage 3 rectal cancer.  Geeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment