How you can help

I've set up a fundraising page. Click on the link on the right and donate a few dollars. Buy a copy of the "Colon Cancer is a Pain in the Butt" image. Buy a book. Tell your friends about this blog and my plight. Think good thoughts. Thanks

Monday, February 13, 2012

med marijuana

I've been asked to talk about my experience with medical marijuana in Maine, m3.  First of all it should be known that I am in favor of growing industrial hemp because of it's many uses.  I am also in favor of the legalization of Marijuana as a drug similar to alcohol.  It turns out though that in between those two is Medical Marijuana.  Like any drug, there are different strengths and types of it for different needs of different patients.  In Maine the list of diseases is fairly short compared to someplace like California.  There the diseases include writers cramp.  This is not to say that marijuana isn't effective against writers cramp but I think it may be a little over the top.   That said if you are a Maine resident you can petition the state to include your disease.  I have no idea how to do that.

It is also important to note that doctors cannot prescribe or help you acquire m3.  They can only certify that you have a condition on the list and that they have talked to you about it.  So the way you ask you doctor about medical marijuana is important.  Don't ask for a prescription.  Just ask that you be certified that you have the appropriate condition.  Also make sure that you have the correct paper work for your doctor to fill out.  It is a short form on tamper proof paper that you can get from your local dispensary.

The dispensaries are all about helping you acquire m3.  Call up the nearest one today and ask about it and ask them to send you the appropriate paper work.  The place I use is Remedy Compassion Center in Auburn.  They are very helpful.

I have found that the m3 program has been very helpful in relieving a lot of the pain and suffering that goes along with my cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment