How you can help

I've set up a fundraising page. Click on the link on the right and donate a few dollars. Buy a copy of the "Colon Cancer is a Pain in the Butt" image. Buy a book. Tell your friends about this blog and my plight. Think good thoughts. Thanks

Sunday, February 26, 2012

sunday late morning

Saw my son at the lake yesterday.  It was really great to see him.  That just doesn't happen enough.  I am reminded of the song cat's cradle and I fear what may happen but I do what I can and hope for the best.  Turns out a lot of Harry Chapin's songs touch me.  I don't think I'm really alone in that.

Also went to an awesome party last night.  Boy that doesn't happen often.  Course if it did I guess I wouldn't appreciate it.  Good food, neat people, lasted just the right amount of time.

Slept til 9:30 or maybe later.  That doesn't happen much.  It's a beautiful thing.

But this is a cancer blog so on to that...  Right now I am in the period of letting my body recover from radiation/chemo so the surgery can take place.  It occurred to me yesterday that just like they gave me the weekends off from rad/chem this is sort of like that.  A six week period to let my body and mind recover and get ready for another action.

resting on a couch
late Sunday late winter chill
relax for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment